Thursday, October 18, 2007

Monopoly- The Star Wars Way!

Why play boring old regular Monopoly these days? I mean, sure, it's original and all, but don't you get tired of it after awhile? Now there are so many versions of Monopoly that you don't even know which one to play, but my mom surprised me when she got this. The only problem is that I don't have anyone to play it with. My brother says he hates board games, but I think he's just to lazy to play a whole game with me. I convinced him the day after we got it, and we played the whole game, and I won! I was losing at first, and he spent all his money on houses. But let's explain some of the changes. In place of Community Chest and Chance cards we have Jedi and Sith cards. The houses and hotels are settlements and cities, (although they look more like Jedi Temples and Naboo Palaces.) All the properties have names of places in the Star Wars universe such as Naboo, Mustafar, Tatooine, Bespin, Endor, Yavin 4, and others that are taken from every film. There are eight collectible characters in battle poses: Darth Vader, Darth Maul, General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Emperor Palpatine, Princess Leia, and Yoda. The game rules don't change, except for when you roll doubles, there is a "Force move" you can do depending on what you roll. The game is really fun and puts a twist on the original Monopoly. Although my dad seems to think that the original will always be the best!

No comments: