Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Basketball Hoop

This is my big, beautiful basketball hoop. I got it about two months ago mainly because my dad wanted me to play some kind of sport, but I just don't like soccer or baseball a whole lot. I usually practice about twice or three times a week, and I am good at shooting. Dribbling is my problem. I had to build this whole thing with my brother, and I did most of the work. Being as old as I am, I still thought that the hoop would only be four pieces. Boy, was I wrong. It took me two days to build it, and there were more than four pieces. Probably about a hundred. The rim is heavier than you might think, and the poles are what makes the hoop weigh a ton. They must weigh fifty pounds each or something. My dad said when I get good at basketball, he'll put a concrete slab over by the side of the house and we can put the hoop there. Our driveway is long, but it's steep so there's not a whole lot of space for something like this. We found a place of course, but it's not very good. The problem is that I can't play this when we have a lot of visitors because there's all these cars in the driveway. Oh well, better that then not being able to play at all.

1 comment:

Sheikha Munira said...

twice or three times ...

that would be TWO or three times...