Monday, December 10, 2007

My Awesome New Shoes

Most people would think I'm crazy, but truthfully, I've never owned an actual pair of shoes in my life. Until now. I went to Concord Mills with my mom, grandpa, and brother, and my mom took me to buy some shoes so that I'll stop wearing flip-flops everytime we leave the house. These are name-brand shoes, and guess where I got them. Burlington Coat Factory.
I spent two hours looking for shoes. Literally. It started at Bass, where I was going to get some clogs, but I wear a size nine, and the size nine clogs were big, thick, and clunky. I can't even name all the stores we went into after that. TJ Maxx, Rack Room Shoes, some other funky store with numbers in it's name, Liz Claiborne, and we were about to go into another store until we reached BCF. I FINALLY found my shoes there. None of the stores we'd gone into had any good shoes whatsoever. My mom likes shoes with designs and patterns. Me, I'm picky. I like shoes that are plain and simple, and one small bow isn't too bad. Not like my mom.
These shoes were 40 bucks, but I'm totally satisfied. They're comfortable, soft, and slip-ons. I like shoes that I can put on without touching them, and that don't always need socks. I finally got what I wanted.
When we were at the mall, my brother got a RC car with 8 wheels. The guy demonstrating was doing all sorts of tricks and such. Show-off.

No comments: