Thursday, December 13, 2007

Our Other Freezer

No, it's not a washing machine. It's another freezer. A better one. Oh, except for the fact that it takes a good deal of effort to close and stay closed. But other than that, it's as good as freezers get.
We've had several unfortunate incidents with it, most of them involving melting ice cream and my little brother. See, YaSeen is trying to be a big boy now, from stoking the fire, to putting cat food in the bowls, he wants to let the world know that he's not a baby anymore. Of course, he'll always be my baby brother.
So awhile ago, he decided to go into the freezer, all by his 'big boy' self, and get out some ice cream or Gogurts, or whatever it was that he wanted. So he gets it, and then just slams the door shut, which, for this freezer, does no good. The door stays open and nobody knows. So the next day my mom says to go get her some ice cream, and I look in and see that all the stuff is melted. That sets my mom off, all right. She yells and finds my brother and punishes him. Need I say more?
And yet it happens again, but this time, there's an even bigger mess, because the day after someone left the freezer open, my brother wants a frostie or something, so he goes and looks. Now he's not smart enough to know when stuff is melted, so I tell him to shut the freezer because he's not supposed to be in it. (After the latest incident, he was banned from even touching the freezer). So he starts slamming the freezer door shut, which is, unfortunately, where some of the melted stuff is, including a frostie without a cap. So now, along with it not closing, there's chocolate frostie on the carpet. He does it again and again because it still isn't closing, and no matter how much I tell him to stop slamming it, he still does.
You can probably imagine where we are now. A big mess. When he finally gets why I told him to stop, I have to run up to my mom and tell her what a mess we're in. So she spends the rest of the day cleaning out the freezer, and now she's REALLY mad at YaSeen.
So this freezer has some background history. It also overfreezes things, so whenever we want ice cream, we have to let it thaw before eating it, or scooping it for that matter. I think I kind of like the other freezer better. I mean, after all the crazy things that have happened with this one, wouldn't you?

No comments: