Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My Beautiful Bed

Ahhh... what could be better than coming home from a long day wherever, running up to your room, and collapsing on your bed? That's what I'd like to know. My bed is, with all modesty, the best one I've ever been in. But, then again, don't we all say that about our beds? Mine is clean, tidy, layered, and blanketed. I like to sleep on top of blankets. Not sheets. Most people think I'm weird for that, but sheets are scratchy and uncomfortable. I only like hotel sheets because those sheets are nice. Okay, so let's throughly describe everything in the picture...
The big fat snowman I got from my grandpa after my grandma died. Then there's the American Girl Doll from when I was 8, the Build-A-Bear I got from my friend's birthday party, the dog and cat in the blue box are other American Girl things, and then there's a whole pile of stuffed animals that I've collected from various people and places. I also have a dream catcher hanging. I got it about 5 years ago, and I swear, I haven't had a bad dream since.
I'm supposed to have another pillow with the same pillowcase on it, but I brought it with me to a hotel on a skiing trip and I forgot it. I was 7. The blanket on the bed is the best blanket in the world. The softest and the bluest. There's also another blue blanket at the end of the bed, folded up like the maids in Senegal used to do.
I really like my bed, but I didn't always have it. When I was smaller I had the top bunk, and I loved it until my sister complained: "When do I get the top bunk?" So now I'm attached to this one, and I probably wouldn't fit up top anymore, anyway. I've had two other beds besides those, and this used to be MY room until my sister grew out of the cradle by my mom's bedside and moved into a crib. Grrr...
So now I'm stuck with two sisters in a room chock full of junk. Clothes and trash on the floor. My littlest sister's bed is a laundry basket. Literally. And I'm not even going to go near the subject of our closet...

No comments: