Friday, November 9, 2007

The "Lazy Boy"

Well, that's what the company calls it, or that's how it sounds, but it's not how it's spelled. This chair is the comfiest thing in the entire house. Along with padded backing and seating, it has a footrest you can raise, and the back bends down so it ends up almost like a bed. It's utterly amazing. This, too, is in the library, I guess because we read everything in there and we have two perfectly comfortable couches downstairs. Argh!
I'm pretty sure we've had this since before I was born. I have pictures of my dad sitting in it holding me. This thing is really old, yet it's as comfy as ever. My siblings think I hog it, and so what if I do? I always get there first. I mean, if you got there first, you wouldn't casually wait for another person to sit in it, would you? You'd head right on over and sit down.
My parents always come in and tell me to get out of it, and then they sit in it. It's their favorite spot. Then again, it's probably everyone's favorite spot. If you had one of these in your house, if someone said it wasn't their favorite spot, I'd say they're crazy, wouldn't you?

No comments: