Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Flute

This is my flute that I got off eBay for 100 dollars. It's in good condition, and I've had it for three years or so, ever since I started sixth grade. I always wanted to play a flute, and then I had a chance to join the band, so I did. Along with playing basketball, my dad wants me to regularly play an instrument. I don't play regularly, but I still play it.
When we first got it, the flute wasn't in really good condition. There were a few large scratches, my mom says there were dents, and the pads were dirty and needed to be replaced. Now everything is fine with it, although it probably needs to be taken into a music store for a check-up.
I cannot believe my dad wants me to practice for an hour a day, (although if he thinks that I need to write in a blog for a half hour a day, he's crazy.) I get so distracted by everything around me that I can't sit still long enough to do three scales. That's how short my attention span is. I don't have a disease though, I can pay attention, I just can't sit still.
The problem with my flute is that the sound doesn't sound like it does when the professionals play it, although that may be attributed to the fact that it doesn't have holes in the keys, or it may just be that I'm inexperienced. Either way, I hope I can get better, I just need to focus and stop slacking. Those are two things I definetly DON'T want to do.

No comments: