Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Brother's Lightsaber!

Well, we we're working down in the basement, and my brother opened a box, and he found a lightsaber! No, really!!! Hey, I didn't believe it either until he turned it on.
Okay, I'm a lier. We don't have a basement and he didn't find a lightsaber either, cause if he had, he probably would've sliced his arm off by now 'cause he can't wield it right. But all he's really holding is a broom handle. Then I used a paint program to make it look cool.
Go to www.gimp.org and download a ABSOLUTELY FREE photoshop-like paint program. Then take a picture of someone holding a straight, round thing. If it's a broom, be sure the broom bristles don't show. The only tools you need to make a lightsaber are gaussian blur, zoom, bucket fill, pen/path, color balance, and if you want the face to stand out, the brightness/contrast tool. There are several tutorials on YouTube if you can't figure it out for yourself.
I'm wondering if, when they make the Star Wars movies, they have to complete this procedure for every single fighting clip in the movie. That would be a lot of work, but my dad thinks they have special tool to move the picture around so that they don't have to do all that work.
Now all I need is a way to take a picture of a lightsaber handle and put it into somebody's hand. Then I will fool the world! No, not really. A lot of people know that you can make lightsabers on paint programs. All I know is that little kids fall for it easily. I made it so that my little brother is holding a lightsaber, and I think he almost believed he was a Jedi.



No comments: