Monday, November 19, 2007

Second Life

This is a not-so-good picture of my Second Life Avatar. My dad introduced me to Second Life, and I used to think it was extremely boring, but now I think it's kind of fun. I am taking a class for making the clothes with Photoshop and GIMP, and now I am making shirts and such. I made the shirt that is in the picture, even though it isn't too impressive because it's all black. I hope to become good enough to create faces of characters from movies, but all in good time.
For those of you who don't know, Second Life is a virtual reality, although everyone who plays it says it is indeed a "Second Life." Me, I like to think of it as another MMPORG. Like Runescape and other multiplayer games, there is no purpose. There's lots of things to do, but there isn't one specific thing to focus on. I have seen people build amazing things that I can only dream about. In a way, it is a Second Life, except everything goes the way YOU want it to. You can make the clothes you've always wanted, build the house you're saving up for, or you can just go shopping for all kinds of things.
The outfit I'm wearing is one that I would prefer to have in my closet, but I don't. The black shirt is a typical thing, but not a lot of people wear jeans under a miniskirt. I would like to do that. My mom has a green dress with a veil, and she doesn't even get on that much. My dad is one of the owners of the CPCC island on the mature server. He has done so much stuff on it. He and my mom have their own little office, and there's a picture of me in it.
Second Life is split into two servers. One is the teen server, for teenagers 13-17, and the other is the mature server for 18 and up. I think they do that to protect the younger people, and also because of some... ummm... mature content.
Okay that's all for today. Maybe another time I will put up a pic of a cool outfit I make.

No comments: