Friday, November 30, 2007

Forbidden Braces Food

Argh!!! I got braces today, and this is only ONE of the things the procedure comes with!!! Half of my favorite foods are on this list! But, then again, there are some things on the list that I absolutely hate, so now I don't have to eat them. Here is the list:
First, hard candy. One of my favorite foods. Even if it isn't classified as a food. No more lollipops!
Second, corn chips. Fritos, and the like. Those are some really good chips, and I was the only one of my friends who actually liked them.
Third, popcorn. The famous movie snack. How in the world will I survive in the movie theater without popcorn, the one food that is a complete and total tradition in the film industry?!
Fourth, jerky. I honestly don't care about that. I don't eat it anyway, why should I start now?
Fifth, ice. The problem with that is that I pretty much depend on ice as my source of water. Guess I'll have to fill up a water bottle and start drinking.
Sixth, nuts. I never actually had a particular fondness for them, but every now and then I'll eat a candy bar with a few nuts.
Seventh, pizza crust. Triumph! I hate that stuff. It has NO flavor to me whatsoever. And now I don't have to eat it!
Eighth, corn on the cob. A classic dinner side. I like it so much because you can smear on butter and salt and actually taste it. When it's off the cob, you don't really taste any butter, but I can always tell when there's no salt.
And now all my fruits and veggies have to be cut up like a baby's. How lame is that? And that was only the list of hard foods.
The forbidden soft food list is considerably smaller, but still full of stuff I like. Gum, chewing gum, sticky candy like Laffy Taffys, and that's about it. I'm also to stay away from sodas and sugary drinks, except every now and then. No popcorn or sodas!
And then there's a million rules about how to brush and floss, but I'm not even going to go there. Having braces is tough, but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments: