Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Just a Cabinet...

Or IS it? Looks more like a cabinet filled with clothes to me. Doll clothes. Or maybe that's just because it's in my room. But anyway, that thing is chock full of all sorts of freaky doll clothes and accessories. Specifically American Girl stuff. I remember quite a few of the things in there.
My all time favorite doll dress in there was a limited edition 2003 dress. The dress is red velvet with a little sequined snowflake at the bottom. It comes with red velvet slippers with bows and a white leather coat with faux fur trimmings. Originally it came with accessories, a tiara, a red velvet hand purse, pearl earrings and a necklace, but when we bought the dress, the accessories were all sold out.
That is one of three dresses that I bought from the American Girl company, unless you count the one that came with the doll. One of the other dresses was kind of what a girly girl would wear on the first day of school. It was a skirt, shirt, and cardigan. The skirt was purple corduroy with star shaped pockets. It had these colorful ruffles at the bottom which I noticed were attached to the skirt with buttons, so they were removable. The shirt was light purple, and the ends of the long sleeves were layered and wide, and by wide I mean sort of spread out, not all tight and close fitting, I've just forgotten the word for it. The cardigan was turquoise, my favorite color, with embroidered flowers, and layered so that one end of it buttoned to the other, and the other end had a piece of string on it, so it came around a bit and tied to another string. It's hard to explain, so if you don't know what I'm talking about, sorry. The outfit also came with shoes. They were purple, shiny and smooth, and clog-like, in the way where the soles were clogs. They were like slippers, only that there was an elastic on the back to keep them on the doll's feet.
I have no clue why I'm talking in the past tense, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to talk present tense, for some reason.
The last outfit that I got was meant for my doll. All the others didn't have a specific doll that they belonged with. This one was a probably modeled off of a Spanish design. It started with a long shirt with elbow length sleeves trimmed with ruffles, and on top of that goes a skirt. The top of the skirt was white, and separated by a green ribbon, the bottom was turquoise with black ribbon designs at the end, and white dots scattered throughout. The shoes were just plain old turquoise slippers.
I used to love American Girl dolls when I was younger. Now, I'm not going to buy anything else, but there is no way you're going to get me to give away my old doll. I'm saving it for my daughter. Hopefully I will have one, and I'll give the doll to her, and she'll give it to her daughter, and so on. Maybe one day the doll will be worth a fortune and people will come and offer to buy it, but my great great granddaughter will say, "NO WAY! My great great grandmother got this as a present for fasting when she was eight, and there is no way you'll get it." If it even lasts that long.
I'm so tired. Yesterday I went to bed at 11:30, and woke up at 9:30 and I'm STILL TIRED!!!!! Gosh, my body is lazy. It shouldn't need THAT much sleep.
On Monday we went to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets. My dad is picky about movies, cause he doesn't like a lot of the ones that I do. He says they're stupid. I like National Treasure though. It's exciting, and it may never actually happen, but treasure hunting movies are awesome, especially ones with clues all over national monuments.
Time to go now. Time is up, and I got started late. TTYL!!

No comments: