Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Parents' Old Yearbooks

It's so funny that my parents actually want to remember their life in high school. And it's funny that they've lugged these yearbooks all over the East Coast, from Virginia to Florida to North Carolina. I've had a look at these yearbooks, and I've seen my parents' high school pictures.
Let's see, my dad's picture is freaky. He's got long hair, a TIE!, and a weird bowler hat. Ouch.
My mom's picture is REALLY freaky. I mean besides the fact that her face is packed with makeup, her hair is also kinda weird. Her hair is brown, which I can barely remember because for the past two years she's had it red, and the top is curly, while the bottom is straight. It's hard to describe. Like, the top of her head has curly hair on it, and all the rest is straight. Anyway...
My dad went to Santa Fe High School, and my mom went to Springfield Central High School. I have no clue why high schools need to have 3 yearbooks. I suppose it's because there's so many students and staff. Whereas in my yearbooks from elementary school, we have one skinny yearbook. And it's paperback. I wonder how much these ones cost? Maybe they're free. He he.
Some of the yearbooks are from the University of Virginia. I think my parents went to college there, and there's a picture of them on the back of my dad's motorcycle. He used to be a big biker, and his brother still is. My dad probably still would be if my mom didn't freak out every time he rode. Or if we had room for a motorcycle.
I lost one of my yearbooks when I brought it in my mom's friend's car, and then left it there. Her daughter found it, so now it's gone.
So... what do I do now? I mean, besides publish this right at this moment? You know, I think that's just what I'll do.

No comments: