Friday, March 28, 2008

Marbles!

Probably one of the most fun games to play when you are bored. There are many different ways to play marbles, but my favorite is the classic game Ringer. You make a cross of 13 marbles in the middle of a 10 foot cjrcle, and you have to try and get as many out as possible.
I was never good at shooting marbles, mostly because you really have to get used to holding the shooter properly. But I finally figured it out, so now I can hit my target most of the time.
You know what's weird? Imaginon sells marbles. And it's a library. I was surprised when I saw that big ol' wooden container of marbles over in the corner, with little purple bags hanging above it. Moby and I each got one bag of marbles, including a shooter. We never really played with them, but I'm starting to practice now.
These marbles are from the dollar store. 100 normal marbles and 2 shooters. The problem with these is that they're all the same. No colors at all, just glass. There's no way to tell any of them apart.
The ones I got at Imaginon are all sorts of colors. There are speckled orange, dark blue, white and black, red white and blue, and all sorts more.
We always play marbles inside, but since we can't use chalk or anything to mark the ground, we take a piece of string and make it a circle. It may not be as big as it's supposed to be, but so what? We're playing inside.
Yesterday I stayed up till 12:30 watching Atonement. I think we got lucky because my dad asked the guy behind the desk if there were any copies left, and the guy handed him one that just got back. Yay! All in all, it was a good movie, kind of sad, but good. It had a nice lesson too. I think maybe I'll go find the book at the library.
Guess what today is... Mommy's birthday! She's gonna be 38! Yay for Mommy! YaSeen's birthday is next, on April 28, exactly one month later.
Gotta go. I know this is a short post, but it's Friday! Everyone wants to stop doing work and go have fun on Spring Break! And I've been writing for thirty minutes too. So toodeloo!

No comments: