Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday the 10th - The Last Day of School

Well, for CMS kids anyway. Hopefully it will be my last day too. But seeing as I haven't even taken my final tests yet, I can't really see that happening.
I love the week leading up to the last day. It's full of parties, fun, and no work. I love it. Every now and then you'll end up with a field trip on the last couple days.
I think my favorite last day was fifth grade. I mean, it was a bit painful because we were leaving behind this school that we had been going to for years, and all the awesome teachers, and our principal who was really nice, but we were heading to a bigger place. A middle school. A place we didn't at all know. And we were the youngest in the school, for the first time in 6 years. So I guess that was kind of a new thing for us. We all felt a bit intimidated by the 8th graders. And now we're the 8th graders. I wish I could be in a public school with my friends. I can't imagine what it's going to be like next year. We're even older, and only like 14 or 15. And the oldest people there are 18. This is going to be tough.
The first day of school is different. After your awesome summer, you feel refreshed and ready to start up again. You have your new stuff, and you hope that you'll make some new friends and such. The first day is fun. Most of the time, if you have decent teachers, you won't get much homework, unless it's that 'welcome to the new school year' stuff.
At least I'll finally have a social life next year. I'm sick of not having anybody to talk to but my old friends, and I barely get to see them anymore. I have to entertain myself, which isn't really that easy. It gets hard to do. Especially because I always end up finishing my schoolwork early, and then I don't have anything to do. It's wayy too hot to go outside. Maybe if it rained. Yeah. That'd be cool.
You know what would be awesome? If it was hot, but raining at the same time. Just drizzling. But then I could go to Carowinds, and ride all the water rides, and still not be cold. That would be sooo awesome. Then I could still be in the mood for water rides, but there wouldn't really be anybody there. I am never going on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday in the summer. Even in the school year, it is still really crowded there. So I'll go on Mondays. Or anyday during the week. It'll be better. And more fun. I really don't understand why people wait in 3 hour lines for a 1 and 1/2 minute ride. It makes no sense. Especially when you get bored.
Time to wrap up. I'll be back tomorrow though. Ugh. Okay now. Bye!

No comments: