Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Watch

Simple as that. A watch. Hey! I didn't have any idea what to take a picture of, and I saw this and said to myself, "Gee, why not take a picture of it?" So it's not really my fault it's such a boring picture.
The time on this watch is 9:45:6. 9 hours, 45 minutes, and 6 seconds. I think that's what it is. I might be off by a bit.
I think I got this for 'Eid. It came in a plastic box-case. I don't wear watches very much, but sometimes I find that I just need one, so I wear it. I mean, when you're going to the airport or somewhere like that, where you're not sure if there's going to be a clock anywhere, and you don't feel like whipping out your cell phone all the time to check the time. That is when you need a watch. Otherwise, you don't. Unfortunately, most places don't have clocks on the wall, so you need a watch. I despise having things hanging from my arms. I hate bracelets, watches, rings, anything like that. I mean, I'll wear one if the time comes when I need it, but most of the time, I don't wear them. Especially when I have long sleeves on, which is pretty much always. But, like I said, I'll wear them if I need to, like at speeches or something.
My dad has a freaky clock in his office. It's numbers are reversed and in the wrong position. Like, the 1 is in the 11 position, and so on. It's so weird, I don't know how he did that. I have a strong suspicion that he opened the clock, took out the paper with the numbers on it and turned it around, but I'm not sure. The hands still point to the correct time too!! It's kind of like his gumball machine. He went into it, and messed with the gears so that if you turn the thing backwards, you get candy for free. It's a pity he did that. We could've gotten rich off of that thing. He sticks peanut M&Ms in it. He buys bags of them at a time.
Yesterday I found out that my capo for my guitar doesn't work. I clip it on, and it doesn't even push the strings down all the way. I don't know if that's what it's supposed to do, but I'm pretty sure. I heard a lot of buzzing when I tried to play certain chords. It's really annoying. I guess I'll try again later.
Today is going to drag on. I should probably get out my bead loom and make my friend's birthday present, but I don't want to. It's too much work. I'd much rather spend my time surfing the web or something. Not doing that. Unfortunately, my mom says no computer after school. It's not fair!! What else am I supposed to do? I guess I could go and get out some crafting stuff, but I really don't feel like doing it. I guess I should suck it up and do it anyway.
Why do we have synonyms? Why can't things just have different words? When we say "Watch" how do we know they don't mean 'look at the watch'? How do we know they mean 'look at me'? I guess because the latter is the only one we use in that context. But really. Why do we just not have different words for stuff like that? It's a mystery. I think the lazy word-inventor people just didn't feel like making up a bunch of new words. I guess that's our job. Like in the book Frindle. If you haven't read it, you should. It's really good.
Time to go. See ya'll later. I've got work to do. Bye!

No comments: