Friday, January 18, 2008

Another Obnoxious Toy

Don't you just hate obnoxious toys with sound? I sure do. I hate everything about them. The noise, the style, EVERYTHING! It's just another stupid toy clogging up the closet.
Somebody gave this to my little brother, and that was about four weeks ago. He doesn't play with this anymore. You see the little buttons on top? I know what three of them do, but seeing as I'm not a car freako, I don't know what the others do. The note-shaped one plays this really stupid song. Something like "Let me take you for a free ride, free ride!" It's so annoying. I probably shouldn't have shown anyone else where the mute button was. The two arrows right next to each other move the car forward and backward.
We have so many toys that make sounds. The one that really strikes me is one that I liked, mostly because it was so cute. I mean, who doesn't like Elmo? You know, that red monster from the show Sesame Street? I used to love that show. The toy we had was a Tickle Elmo. You'd press his belly, and he'd say "Stop that!" Do it again: "Stop, stop! Elmo no like tickle!" And another time: "Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!" He'd just crack up. That was a cool toy. I still like Elmo. (Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!)
Then we had this horse. You squeezed it's rear, and it'd start making horse sounds. That was just annoying, especially when people would step on it.
Then we have this chicken thing that we got from our cousin. I didn't get it, my sister did. It played the chicken dance song. You know, "I don't wanna be a chicken, I don't wanna be a duck, blah blah blah..." So that was just annoying.
I think all adults hated the day that toy makers put voice boxes in things. Little kids didn't. They probably thought it was the best thing in the world. But then they grow up to hate it. Why can't people just leave stuff the way it is? Do we have to modernize everything, even toys? The world doesn't need to change anymore!

No comments: