Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Our Couch

I know it's old, you don't have to tell me. My parents have had it since they got married, which was like 18 years ago. And we have another one exactly like it, only longer. They are so comfortable. On this one, I can only fit longways if my legs are stretched out while I sit up, but on the other one I can lay down fully stretched out.
These couches seem so comforting. Their design and color are so warm, and they are so soft. Each one consists of one long base pillow, two large pillows for the back, and two smaller ones for the sides. When I sleep, I like to use the large pillows, but the small ones will do.
We have had several incidents with these couches. My mom hates that Silly Putty stuff, and for a reason. We had guests over one day, about 5 years ago, and we were playing with Silly Putty. After everyone had left, Mom might've been cleaning up, and she saw Silly Putty smeared all over the couch cushion. She was maaaad. Really mad. Since then she has forbidden us to ever, ever, EVER play with Silly Putty. Sheesh.
These couches are so old, that the stuffing is falling out. So my mom sewed up one of the zippers of the base cushions. I never really could figure out why. I think it's because we liked to unzip them and pull out all the stuffing, and then we'd get it everywhere. Teeheehee.
The base cushions are wonderful for making clubhouses and sleds. Our stairs aren't that tall, but it's fun to take the cushion and sit on it at the top of the stairs, and then push off. WHEEEEE!!!!!! I did that a lot when I was little.
The couches are just full of beautious memories. Sleepovers, fun, clubhouses, fun, fun, and fun. I might want to get new ones, but I'll never forget all the things we've done with these.

No comments: