Monday, January 28, 2008

My Guitar

You know how I used to play my flute? Well, I kinda got sick of that. So I decided to get a new instrument. The guitar. I mean, why not? Most of my dad's family are guitarists. Or pianists. Or something or other. So anyway...
I got this guitar at Sam's Club, yes, Sam's Club. It was $135 and it came with the guitar, obviously, a bag, picks, a tuner, strings, a stand, a strap, and a really lame DVD that is only a section of the actual one.
So far, I haven't been very successful in getting anything done. I can play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Happy Birthday, I can play a couple power chords, but I need to get back to watching the DVD.
The guitar itself is pretty nice. It's a Fender Starcaster, and it's six-string. Nice and shiny, and it doesn't get out of tune too much, but that's probably because I don't play it vigorously.
My brothers and sisters love to annoy me by touching it everyday. We'll all be sitting in the library and suddenly, TWANG! And then they all get mad when I tell them to stop. I mean, honestly, if you had a nice new instrument that you couldn't really play yet, would you want somebody touching it? It's just so annoying. And then my little brother likes to go twist the tuning pegs. Ouch. One time my dad tried to play it, and it was WAAAAY out of tune. It didn't sound good.
I would've learned to play the guitar using my dad's, but seeing as it has no workable strings, it's very old, and the case is all torn up, why would I do that? He hasn't played it in years.
The thing I like about guitar is that you can sing the song you're playing at the same time that you play it. With the flute, you have to go by ear alone. And if you haven't memorized all the note fingerings, then you have no idea what to do. At least with the guitar you can get an idea about where the note you need is.
With all that said, I'm leaving now. I have to go and do stinking math. Ick ack ook.
Bye bye, TTFN, TGIM, and I can't wait for Lost's Season 4 Premiere on Thursday!!!

No comments: