Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My School Books

Do you have any idea how hard it is being homeschooled? It's harder than it looks. Sure, we get later bedtimes and we don't have to get up early in the morning, but everything we do makes up for that. Let's go over the schedule, shall we?
1-Wake up. 2-Eat Breakfast. 3-Read BBC News. 4-Write in my Blog. 5-Language Arts. 6-Math. 7-Social Studies or Science. 8-Read Wikipedia. 9-Music. And sometimes 10-Research Paper.
So you see, all those take a long time. Language Arts, Math, Science or Social Studies, and the research paper are all the things we do for an hour. Everything else we do for half an hour. And sometimes religious studies are thrown in there. And most of the time, we have to work after our siblings get home, because we haven't done everything.
I like being able to do this, because if I go to public school, we waste our time with a lot of stuff. Bus rides, time between classes, oh, and don't you just hate it when the teacher has to stop the class to explain everything to the kids who don't understand, yet most people understand perfectly! It's so annoying!
The only REAL problem with homeschooling is that I am stuck ALL DAY with my brother and mom, and I don't see my friends very often. Here we have my little sister talking to her friends all day when she gets home, AND going to their house every weekend, and she's only 9! I'm much older than she is, and I'm not doing that!
So now we come to the jealousy part of it. I sometimes wish I could go back to school, but, then again, it's a normal part of all this. I at least wish that I could see my friends more than I do! Agh!
Time for me to go and start on my schedule. I'm going to Sam's Club today to get a guitar, so that I have an instrument to play, besides the flute. To play the flute, you really need a teacher, and I sure don't have one. Bye!

No comments: