Monday, January 14, 2008

Carmex

You know, isn't it funny how I hate chapped lips, but I bite them anyway? I just can't stop. It's like my lips are just begging to be bitten, and then they go and hate me for it. That's why I love this stuff. Carmex may taste bad, but it helps. A LOT!
When I first got my braces, I thought they'd help me stop biting my lips. Boy, was I wrong. I think I'm biting them more than ever now. So now they look really bad, flakes of brown skin, dry, cracked, you get the picture. To make a long story short, they were really ugly.
The thing that's so good about Carmex is that it works. Most lip balms and chapsticks don't really work very well. They may moisten your lips for awhile, but it wears off. Carmex doesn't. It stays, and even when it does wear off, you don't need to put it on again. It's a once a day thing. Maybe twice. And if you do happen to put it on liberally, it won't hurt. It might actually work better.
You know those little scabs you get right on the side of your mouth, where your lips meet? I hate those. Cold sores. When I was in Africa, I got a lot of them. And the problem was that I couldn't stop picking them, so everything got worse! My teachers noticed, the kids noticed, everyone noticed! They're really ugly, and what's worse, if you try to open your mouth wide to take a big bite, it pops open and starts to bleed! Ick. Carmex saved me. I just put it on three times a day, and whaddaya know, it was gone.
I used to call Carmex, yes, Carmax. Like the car dealers. I was passing by one on the way to this thing, and I was like, "Why are car dealers and chapstick called the same thing?" And my dad said, "One is Carmax, the other is Carmex!" Silly silly me.

No comments: