Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Film Players

The only reason I'm calling them film players is cause only one of them is a cassette player, and only one of them is a DVD player, and the other one isn't even a film player, so who cares? Anyway, they all contribute in some stance to playing a movie.
We never use the VCR, okay? Nobody does anymore, unless you're very very VERY old-fashioned. I don't even think they MAKE cassettes anymore, do they? It's all DVDs now. You remember all those classic Disney movies, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, and all those? Yeah, why do you think they're making Special Edition DVDs for them? Cause nobody owns the Disney cassettes anymore! I have yet to go to somebody's house and see them watching a cassette. Nope. It's DVDs all the way.
I'll bet sooner or later, there will be these little chips that you just stick in the back of your television to play the movie. No clumpy, lumpy disks or cassettes. To have one of those, that'd be rare. I'll bet if you save them, in a couple decades, you could sell it for a million bucks.
That stereo on the bottom, yeah that is the most complicated piece of machinery I've laid eyes on. Okay, not the MOST complicated, but it is annoying. There are like four different video settings, and I can never figure out which one to use. There's "Video 1", "Video 2", "Dvd/6ch", and another one I can't remember. And sometimes the sound doesn't come on, you have to figure out why the red light is on next to the word MUTE. "Gee, I wonder why?" So you have to figure out how to turn Mute off. AGH! At least we don't have that problem anymore, cause we always watch DVDs, so it's always on Video 2.
Enough of that. I just can't wait till January 30, or is it 31, I can't remember, cause the season premiere of Lost is coming on the ONLY channel we have. The trailer was really good. I wanna watch it!

No comments: