Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Another Board Game...

Really, I just love talking about board games. I don't know why. It's a thing I have. I'm really the only one in my family who likes to play board games. My brother only plays when I beg, my sisters want to play, but they don't know how, my little brother is only 5, and my parents are too busy to care. Why me? Why???
This is one of the classic board games. Clue is so much fun, but the problem is you can only play it with three people. Let's give an overview of the rules, shall we?
Mr. Boddy, the very very very rich man who has invited his 6 friends to his mansion, is dead. The only suspects are the 6 guests: Mr. Green, Colonel Mustard, Professor Plum, Ms. Peacock, Ms. Scarlet, and Ms. White. There are only 6 weapons that could've been used to kill Mr. Boddy: the Wrench, Candlestick, Rope, Revolver, Lead Pipe, and Knife. Mr. Boddy could have been killed in any of rooms: the Study, Hall, Dining Room, Billiard Room, Kitchen, Library, Conservatory, Lounge, and Ballroom. Each of the Rooms, Weapons, and People are listed on a card. At the beginning of the game, one card from each catagory is placed in a folder secretly. Nobody knows what is in the folder.
The object of the game is to try to figure out what is in the folder, by suggesting people, weapons and rooms. Each player has cards, and they have to try and prove your statement wrong by showing you which cards you suggested. For example, if I say "Mr. Green with the Knife in the Hall" you have to look at your cards, and if you have any of the ones I just said, you show them to me, so I know that they aren't in the folder. After about 20 minutes or so, you should have a pretty good idea of what's in the folder. You may also try to mislead the other players by naming cards in your hand to make them think that nobody has them. :-D
After you are sure of what is in the folder, you make an accusation, and then look in the folder and see if you were right. If you were, you win. If you weren't, you put the cards back and take yourself out of the game, although you can still show people cards that you have.
I enjoy games like this, mostly because it's fun to trick people who can't figure out that you're tricking them. Then they get their answer wrong and lose. Heehee.
Sham says hi! Okay, she's sleeping on my chest right now, but I'm psychic. No, I'm not actually. But if she were awake, she'd be nice and meow. She's being nicer lately. Gotta go!!! Byebye!

No comments: