Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Girl Scout Cookies!

It's that time of year again. The time for cookies. Girl Scout cookies, that is. These cookies are the best, and anyone who has ever tried them will tell you the same. And there's a lot of different kinds for you picky eaters.
The most popular kind of cookies are Thin Mints. Chocolate with mint inside. The next popular are probably Samoas. Coconut with chocolate. Then we have all the others. Do-si-dos, which I hate, are oatmeal cookies with peanut butter filling-ick. Then there are Trefoils, so plain, yet so delicious. They're just shortbread shaped like the Girl Scout logo. Then there's Tagalongs, basically a Reese's cup, only it's a cookie. And it's crunchy. All Abouts are vanilla cookies with a chocolate filling that have some saying following the format of: Girl Scouting is all about _____, on them. Then we have two kinds that weren't the original ones. One is a fat-free chocolate chip kind, and the other changes from year to year, but it always has lemon flavoring.
This year I bought four boxes for myself, and I sold 37, which is good, considering that the price is $3.50 a box. And Samoas only have 16 cookies anyway. So we're kind of getting ripped off, for some straaaange reason, but oh well. Cookies are good, and these are the best.
A lot of people might wonder why I'm in Girl Scouts. Well, first of all, I do need a social life, and being homeschooled, that is kind of hard to find. Second, Girl Scouts is fun. It didn't used to be, mostly because we never did anything, but now I really like it. Third, one word, SCHOLARSHIPS! Yes, I get scholarships for Girl Scouting. Something that I might desperately need. Need I say more?
We might not go camping every month like Boy Scouts do, but who gives a care? At least I have friends, and we go places, and do things, and play games, and have fun. And we sell cookies that people actually buy. Boy Scouts sell popcorn, and I don't think a lot of people buy it.
Our next trip is probably going to be whitewater rafting at the National Whitewater Rafting Center. Yes, the Olympic training one. It's really cool there. My dad took me before, and it's a huge artificial water course with rapids, ramps, rocks, and you'd almost think it was natural. The largest rock climbing wall in the country is there, and there are several things you can do. You can kayak, raft, rock climb, bike, and there's even a rope course. Pretty cool, huh? And we get a discount when we go. Hehe.
I wanna go eat my cookies now, but unfortunately I can't leave this until it's 10:16. Argh. Oh! Did you hear? The writer's strike is officially OVER!!! Hahahaha! Yes! Now I can look forward to my favorite shows! Hopefully Heroes will start again, and Lost will continue!!! They finally solved their little problems, and now, back to the regular schedule.

No comments: