Monday, February 11, 2008

A Hair Straightener

Boys always wonder why girls care so much about their hair. I don't know why, because if they were girls, they probably would too. So let me give you a few reasons why we care so much:
1: Boys can get away with having messy hair. If a girl goes out with her hair all tangled up and messy, she gets stared at, teased, and embarrased.
2: A girl's hair is a major part of her look. It needs to be just right if she wants to look pretty.
And 3: Hair is fun to mess around with. Especially when you have a lot of it. There are so many things you can do with a bottle of hairspray and a brush.
This here, for you boys who have no idea, is a straightener. You are probably thinking, "Wow, I thought they only made hair curlers." Well you thought wrong! The thing about hair straighteners is that they can be used to straighten AND curl. You just have to know how to do it right.
My hair is naturally wavy, and sometimes that can be a big problem. Any hair that isn't straight gets tangled easily unless you pull it up, and sometimes you really don't want to do that. So instead you straighten it. By applying heat. This little gadget helps you do that. You plug it in, turn it on, let it heat up, use the digital screen to change the temperature, and then straighten. This one is specially designed for straightening wet hair. It even has little holes in the side that let steam out. I tried it on my sister's hair yesterday, but her hair is already straight, so obviously it didn't really work.
So now my hair is nice and straight, and I love it, but the only problem is that it's hard to get the back, and I'm kind of an amateur when it comes to hair care, so I have to figure out how to straighten the back properly.
I really like my hair. It's not too thick, but thick enough, right now it's kind of blonde, although it looks more like really blonde because I highlighted it and took large chunks, it's layered, and now I'm going to straighten it everyday, unless I'm feeling in more of a tangled up kind of mood.
Today I was in the bathroom and about to straighten my hair, and I look out the window and see Sham the kitten chasing a striped-tail animal. At first I think it's another cat, but it's tail kind of gave it away, and then it turned around and I saw the masked face. It was a raccoon! In the day! I had to bring Sham in while my mom called Animal Control. They said not to worry about it, and now I think it may be a baby because adult raccoons are usually really large, and this one was only about the size of Sham, maybe a little bit larger. After she came in, Sham wanted to go back out, and she literally sounded like she was crying. I thought maybe she wanted to go to the bathroom, but my mom knew that Sham wanted to go chase the baby raccoon. Poor thing. It's probably looking for it's mom.
Ahhhh... okay, now I want to get started on my other stuff so that I can go trampolining soon. I really want to go jump out there right now. Yesterday it was kind of hard because of all the wind. So I'm leaving now. Byebye!!!

No comments: