Thursday, February 28, 2008

Glasses... Ick!

Just to make my point first, I don't wear glasses, and I'm glad. Oh, and if you don't already know, only moms wear these big glasses. Yeah.
I think I was about 8 when I had to start wearing glasses. I know I said I don't wear them, but I used to. I was so devastated, mostly cause my mom got me the plain frames. I guess that made them a bit less noticeable, but I always hated glasses. And on top of it all, I had to wear an eyepatch!!! Now if that's not torture, I don't know what is. Well, luckily it wasn't a wear-it-to-school thing. That would've been pure, pure torturous torture. Sometimes I had to wear the sticker ones, but mostly I wore these cloth ones that slipped on to my glasses. The only reason I wore one was because my right eye was lazy and it was at risk of blindness if I didn't cover my left one to make it work harder. Well, once my eye got to the point where that wasn't a risk anymore, I was glad. My left eye can still see better, but oh well.
When I went to Africa, I was so sure that I'd packed my glasses, but I didn't! So I spent 10 months without them, and when I got back, I found them, put them on, and I felt dizzy. It's like that feeling you get when you put on someone else's glasses. So I went to the eye doctor, and you'll never believe this, he said I had 20:20 vision!!! I hadn't worn the glasses for a year, and I guess my eyes had adjusted. Probably because I'm still growing.
If only that worked for my dad. He despises glasses, and he's considering LASIC. But $2000 an eye, I mean c'mon, can't they make it cheaper. Although if they did that, glasses makers would probably go out of business cause nobody would need them.
Now for my Thursday conclusion. Of course, you already know what it's gonna be about. Gimme an L! Gimme an O! Gimme an S! Gimme a T! What's that spell?! LOST!!! I'll save you the torture of my long, boring talk.
Time to go! Byebye!!!

No comments: